Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Class - and the lack thereof

(Sorry to go political again, but what can I say... I have opinions...)

I heard two concession speeches this morning – I couldn’t bear to watch election results last night and went to bed without turning on the TV, internet, or radio.

The first concession speech I heard (segments of) was John McCain’s. It was both gracious and moving. I regained some of the respect I once had for him but had lost through the course of this election hearing him urge us to come together for the betterment of our nation.

The second concession speech I heard – though “concession” is a very loose term in this case, came from Cook County Commissioner Tony Peraica. Now, I have very little respect for Peraica prior to this, but his petulant, whiney, sour-grapes speech following his loss to future State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez, just showed anyone who didn’t already know that here is a man with absolutely no class.

Instead of congratulating Ms. Alvarez, a career prosecutor, and offering his help, he whined about the choices of his own constituents.

What’s next, Tony? You barely held your own district on the Cook County Board during the last election. Even your own party is getting disgusted with you, you media-whoor. You ask why the Republican Party has such a hard time gaining a foothold into elected offices in Cook County? It’s because YOU have elbowed your way to the front of the line and voters find you off-putting and obnoxious.

My guess? You’ll lose your seat during the next election for County Board. You know it too, Tony, which is why you’ll run for any race that’s open (including the chief prosecutor when you’re a DEFENSE attorney?!)

And when the voters of Cook County finally get that immature, useless Toddler out of office, it will not be YOU sitting at the head of the table. It’ll either be Quigley, Claypool or Gorman. And you’ll fade away into nothing until you find a new way to get your name in print.

I hear Paris Hilton is looking for a new BFF…

Though I think even she has more class than you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never liked Peraica. He is a thoughtless, nervous, squirrely little dweeb.

Terri