Monday, July 14, 2008

Mondays

I’ve got a confession to make.

I like Mondays.

I know, right? Who in their right minds actually like Mondays??? I mean, it’s not like it’s payday or donut day or anything cool like that. In fact, there are plenty of things to NOT like about Mondays.

First of all, Monday is the day when I run. /Running is a relatively new thing for me and I really really hate it. (Not as much as I hate the Gauntlet, but it’s a pretty close second!)

Second, Monday is the end of the weekend. Wake up early, drag my ass to the train and stumble into work. Don’t get me wrong, I prefer the weekend to Mondays, but as a weekday, Monday’s really not that bad.

Mondays are kind of like mornings for me. In the morning the day is all fresh and clean – it hasn’t been ruined by all the crap that can occur throughout the course of the day. And Mondays are the same way. The week is a clean slate on Monday, full of possibilities and potential.

Fridays on the other hand…. I hate Fridays. Longest day of the week. The whole day is just one long rehash of the week that preceded it, a holding pattern for the weekend that is waiting…. And that hour from 4pm until 5pm on Fridays…. Torture.

But Mondays…. Mondays make me happy.

No comments: