Thursday, July 10, 2008

Shirt Twin

I’m in a mood today. I'm just feeling kind of bitchy. And a little flakey. I left the house without my lunch. It's such a pain to find something quick AND healthy in the loop. Grrr..

A woman just started to sit down next to me on the train and then paused and did some weird sort of pointy thing. I pulled out one headphone looked up at her askance, wondering if she wanted my seat.

Which made no sense. There were six still open.

“Nice shirt,” she smiled. We were wearing the exact same shirt. I smiled back, though it nearly cracked my jaw to do so.

Now, I had debated over this shirt half the morning. I’ve had it for a couple months but have never worn it. It’s red, which is a good color on me but this is probably the last time I’ll be able to wear it. It’s a bit loose through the middle despite the darting.

Of course, my shirt-twin is both taller and thinner than me and the shirt looks WAY better on her. I feel like one of those side by side comparisons they sometimes have in the supermarket rags: “Who wore it better?”

Not me.

Grrrr.

No comments: