Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Back to Work

Ah, back to the daily grind.

I spent Monday doing laundry, unpacking, catching up on Topix, and digging my apartment out from under the three metric tons of cat hair that blew in over the past week. Yikes.

Yesterday I set foot in the gym for the first time in over a week. Granted, we did a lot (a LOT) of walking in California, but I ate like I was on vacation. So it was with no small amount of trepidation that I stepped onto the scale.

The verdict: I gained one pound. Not bad.

But it’s back to the “training” schedule for me.

I was a good little girl yesterday. Ate my yogurt and fruit for breakfast and my turkey and spinach on whole wheat with a pound and a half of veggies for lunch, took the stairs to use the restroom two floors up… all that.

And work.

Work was surprisingly bearable. There were, of course, the few minor fires to put out and the looming deadline, but I was pretty proactive this time around and left my lackeys with pretty detailed instructions.

Back to normal.

No comments: