Saturday, June 7, 2008

Channeling Rational

OK. So I am not a neat freak. I live alone and I'm not accountable to anyone but me. I’m a decent enough housekeeper, but I don’t get my panties in a twist over a little clutter.

However.

I have been living in a hotel room with the female half of my family for nearly a week now and I’m close to losing my nut. We have a sort of pseudo-suite with two sleeping areas and a small sitting area, a kitchen bar, a patio, and one bathroom. In theory, there’s plenty of room for all of us to cohabitate comfortably.

My mother is fine. She’s lived with my father for 30+ years and has adapted her habits for living with a neatnik.

My sister and her spawn, however…. They drop their clothes on the floor and toss their shopping bags on the chairs and leave empty water bottles and soda cans all over. Argh!!!!

I’m trying to ignore it because, Hey! We’re on vacation!

And there are better things to think about. The 6yo has gotten on my nerves at times, but there's something magical about the look on a little kid's face when she sees a dolphin up close or watches a duck eat her leftover hotdog bun...

:)

No comments: