Thursday, September 25, 2008

WYSIWYG

I have a date tonight. With a real live man. I know, I know. This flies completely in the face of my policy of only having imaginary boyfriends, but he’s just too damned irresistible…

So, of course, it’s 8am now and I’ve already chipped the polish on one fingernail. Seriously???

Now, I could fix it. But I’d have to go to the drugstore and HOPE I found a similar shade and let’s face it, I’m not the best nail polish applier. So I’m leaving the chip. Better not to give him unrealistic expectations anyway.

I think that I am moderately cute and I try to be well-groomed – I’m not a total slob! – but I am rarely well turned out. There’s always something: coffee spilled on the white shirt at 9am; that one piece of hair that won’t lie flat; a chipped fingernail.

I could never spend my life in the public eye. I just don’t have the time, the energy or the inclination to put that level of effort into my appearance.

Obviously, I’m willing to work out five days a week but that’s not with the intention of looking good…. OK, OK… that’s not JUST with the intention of looking good. Of course I want to have a slammin’ bod. But I also want to be healthy. (And I feel better than I have in YEARS, btw!)

And I’m enough of a girl to pay for a decent haircut occasionally. And I wear clothes that I think are flattering. And, yes, I shave my pits. (And I’ve never breastfed in public…)

But I’m just not going to sweat a chipped nail.

What you see is what you get.

If that’s a problem for him then we’re clearly not well matched. But I don’t think it will be. He seems pretty damned cool.

*blush; giggle*!

Wish me luck!

No comments: