Saturday, May 10, 2008

3am


Why am I awake? I don't normally have sleep problems. I'm one of those annoying people who falls deeply asleep pretty much as soon as my head hits the pillow and doesn't wake up until five minutes before the alarm...

I even slept through the recent earthquake despite the fact that it occurred five minutes AFTER my first alarm.

But for some reason I'm awake right now.

The cat thinks that this is GREAT, of course. He's VERY happy to have some company.

But I am at a loss.

Also, I have James Taylor singing in my head.

Goodnight you moonlight ladies
Rockabye sweet baby James
Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose
Won't you let me go down in my dreams
And rockabye sweet baby James
.
He's coming to Ravinia next month. I'd love to go but I'll be out of town. :(

Nothing else on the Ravinia schedule really trips my trigger this year, but I'm still going to try to make it up there for at least one show.

The Chicago Botanical Garden is pretty much right across the street from Ravinia Park. If you haven't been, I recommend it. The picture above is from last summer when my niece came to visit - her first trip to Chicago and I took her to look at plants... Yeah... I'm super fun.
OK, I'm going to TRY to get back to sleep now.
.
There's a song that they sing when they take to the highway
A song that they sing when they take to the sea
A song that they sing of their home in the sky
Maybe you can believe it if it helps you to sleep
But singing works just fine for me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi EEE!

Thats funny, I was up last night at 3 am too. Sorry you didn't sleep well.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi EEE. Missed you on the Topix boards today (May 21). It's just not the same without you.

Haven't had the chance to read all of you blog but now that I know where to find you I certainly will.

Hope to see you Topix tomorow.

Angelique