Friday, May 23, 2008

Time to go Shopping

I'm not one of those women who can spend hours on end shopping. I used to be able to spend a whole day wandering around the mall - when I was a teenager. But now my philosophy on shopping is: Wham, Bam, Thank you, ma'am! I get in, I grab what I need, and I get out. If I don't find what I'm looking for, I don't buy anything (though I'm not immune to an impulse buy here and there)

And I HATE crowds. I don't go near Michigan Ave unless it's completely unavoidable and it drives me crazy to swim upstream through the Wicked crowds on Randolph to get to the State Street Borders...

I buy my grocery staples from Peapod (let the cute Croatian boy do the heavy lifting, hehehe...) When I have to go to the Jewel, I go at 7am on a weekend. No pokey seniors, no fussy yuppies, no wandering children... Ah...

And I don't especially look forward to clothing shopping. But the time has come when I simply MUST shop. I've lost ten pounds now (Yea!!!) and have already relegated all of my favorite work clothes to the Goodwill box. I did a little bit of shopping in the back of my closet, but I really need to buy at least a couple new pieces of clothing.

I don't want to buy a whole new wardrobe because I still have a long way to go, but I can't keep washing and wearing the same two pairs of pants over and over and over...

Ah, well! Here's wishing all of you a fantastic holiday weekend!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'll let you know when I've lost my "I quit smoking" weight. I gained 30+ and lost 10 of it so far.