Friday, May 16, 2008

A Good Cry

I gotta apologize to everyone for my funk yesterday afternoon. I don't know what the deal was, I'm normally a pretty level person, but yesterday I was feeling pretty blue.

I've read that for a certain percent of the population, smiling can actually improve mood. I am one of those people, if I force myself to smile, I instantly feel better. But for whatever reason yesterday, I just couldn't drag myself out of my funk.

I held it together during the commute home - barely - but once I shut the door behind me: waterworks. I curled up on my bed and just CRIED for several minutes. I felt better afterward, but still not the normal me. So I went to bed early.

The weird part is that I still don't know what caused it. It HAS been a long time since I had a good cry, so maybe I was just due.

Oh well. I feel better today. I hit the gym at 5am and even though my trainer is off this week, I levered my a$$ onto the scale and it's continuing is glacial journey downward. ;)

Anyway, a big "I'm Sorry!" to everyone I was snappy, dour, mopey with yesterday and a special thanks to Rational, who always makes me feel better!

And just for kicks, I thought I'd share my workout playlist from this morning:

Great DJ - The Ting Tings
Nice - Duran Duran
4 Minutes - Madonna w/ Justin Timberlake
Homecoming - Kanye West
Under Pressure - Queen w/ Bowie
Whole Wide World - Reckless Eric
Whole Wide World - Reckless Eric (What can I say? It's my FAVORITE song and I always have to play it twice!!!)
Friday Night - Lily Allen
Get Me Bodied - Beyonce
Beware - Panjabi MC w/ Jay-Z
I Want You To Want Me - Cheap Trick (live)
Girls - The Beastie Boys

Happy Friday, Everyone!!! And THANKS again, Rational!

;)

No comments: