Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Gripe

Here's my gripe: My gym is having a "boot camp" that meets every Mon/Wed/Fri at 5:30am. This is fine. This is great. Good for them.

I'm not in the boot camp, but I usually hit the treadmill btwn 5&5:30am. This morning, the BC troop dragged a dozen stationary bikes into the center of the gym and did a spinning class.

Cool. Fun. Whatever.

HOWEVER!!!!

WHY did the platoon leader have to crank the F-ing music SO LOUD????

It makes me feel old to complain about noise, (and I am FAR from the oldest person there - the gym is also the Rehab center for the attached hospital and there are a lot of older people & recoverees there in the mornings) but I was trying to listen to an audiobook and I couldn't concentrate because of all the Moby etc that was blaring through the gym.

Worst of all: I didn't complain.

Why do I do this? Why do I eat my sorrows like opium cakes? (Channelling Amy Tan, here!)

Sigh. Hopefully the day will get better!

No comments: